Heavy Equipment Technician / Mechanic
– IMMEDIATE Positions Available! –
Online Employment Application
*** Compensation starts at $32/hr + ***(Depending on experience, full benefits, vacation and holiday time)
Established in 1999 – proudly serving many repeat customers!
We pride ourselves on providing top-notch repair & lube services for all major brands of machinery. (Caterpillar, Case, Komatsu, John Deere, Hitachi, Terex, Volvo, Etc.) You will be operating from a fully-rigged service truck to inspect/repair machinery on customer job sites.
Job Hours: Monday-Friday (approx 8-12hrs/day)
Location: We provide services all over San Antonio, Austin, Houston, New Braunfels, Boerne, San Marcos, Seguin, Spring Branch, etc. Company vehicle is driven home daily.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose, repair and maintain a variety of complex equipment, tools, and vehicles involving mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Honestly assess equipment and formulate a strategy for necessary repairs.
- Communicate cause and correction for customer concerns regarding their equipment.
- Address any concerns from customers and interface with them on their machine as needed.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Keep truck/shop in clean, working order.
- Complete full, accurate, and honest time and mileage records.
- Document all machine information (make, model, serial #, equipment #, odo/hrs, etc)
Technicians at A. L. Boeck & Co. are set up for success, both in day-to-day operations and long-term career growth. We offer competitive pay, performance driven bonuses/raises, and a full benefits package!
- 5+ years of experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic, preferably in the field
- Provide own tools and possess the ability to safely and effectively use them
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical problems and successfully repair the equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Must be dependable and report to work on time; personal phone calls in an emergency only
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and yard personnel
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record at all times
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any applicant in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Work in tight spaces as dictated by the machine’s needed repair.
- Have the needed dexterity in order to efficiently use hand-tools
- Walk/stand for the majority of the workday.
- Drive manual transmission vehicles.